» Filing an Insurance Claim
Steps to take before making a car insurance claim after a car accident
- Have your policy number available.
- Provide information on your car - its year, make, model, license plate number, and the damage it sustained. We also need to know where the vehicle is located, if it was towed from the accident scene for an insurance claims adjuster.
- If the driver of your vehicle was different from the owner, we will need the full name of the operator along with his/her address, date of birth and driver's license number and insurance information.
Other Car Accident Insurance Information Needed
- Have same information on the other party/parties involved in the accident.
- Information on their vehicle(s). including the name and address of the owner and operator of the other vehicle(s). Also include the year, make, model, license plate number, and the area of damage sustained of the other vehicle. The name of the other party's insurance company would also be helpful.
- If the police were at the scene of the accident, we will need to know which department responded and if there were citations issued to any of the involved parties. Include phone numbers, if available. If an accident report was filled out, you need to know when a copy will be available.
- The date, time, and location of the accident including street names and any landmarks.
- Names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Names and addresses of any injured parties, along with a description of the nature of the injuries.
If your vehicle was damaged in an incident other than a collision (for example: vandalism, fire, glass), the same applies with more tips:
- If your car was vandalized, please provide us with the names of any suspects, if available
- If you have had an automobile fire, the state law requires you to complete a FP 33C report. This can be obtained at your local fire department.
If your vehicle was stolen:
- Notify the police with details
Information on Insurance, Car for Claims Adjuster
- If the vehicle has been recovered, we will need the current location of the vehicle.
- If your vehicle has been burnt, state law requires you to complete a FP 33C report.
- If an arrest was made, provide us suspect's names, police case number and court docket number, if available.
Tips for filing a Homeowner Insurance Claim
- Have your policy number available when you report the loss
- Provide a description of the occurrence with as much detail as possible
- The date, time and location of the incident
- Provide a description of the damage or loss to your home, or your personal property, with details
- An insurance adjuster will follow up.
- Have your Personal Property Inventory handy
- Know your insurance policy’s limitations
Please do not delay your insurance claim to us, if certain pieces of information are not readily available to you. The sooner we start, the sooner your claim will be resolved.
- Orlando Insurance Depot
- 2001 East Robinson Street
- Orlando, Florida 32803
- Phone: (866) 940-3418
- Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Other times by appointment